- Inline control only works with mobile phone and tablets.
- It can't control music on PC and some MP3 player which the player doesn't have built-in volume control buttons.
- For Apple devices with a lightning port, such as iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR and iPhone XS Max, you can connect E171 with the ORIGINAL or the AUTHORIZED MFi lightning to 3.5mm converter, but volume control may not work properly sometimes.
- For Android devices with a Type C audio output, such as Huawei P20, Samsung Galaxy S10 etc. you will require a Type C to 3.5mm adapter. To confirm if you need a converter, please check according to the following instruction:
- If your phone is like below, you can use E171 directly:
- If your phone is like below, you will require a Type C to 3.5mm adapter:
Here is how the inline control functions works: