Keywords: HT4186, PC, laptop, computer, gaming, skype
The HT4186 transmitter supports Micro USB digital audio input from your PC/Laptop. This delivers much better audio quality compared to plugging it into the standard 3.5mm AUX analog port.
Step 1. Connect Transmitter to your PC/laptop
Connect the transmitter to PC/laptop via the included Micro USB data/charging cable.
Note: The connecting cable must have both DATA SYNC and charging capabilities, when playing music, LED indicator "OPT" is off, then " USB" is on.
If it is only charging capablitity, then LED" OPT" is on.
Step 2. Turn on Both Devices
- Turn on transmitter: Slide on/off switch to "ON" position.
- Turn on headphone: Press and hold "MFB" button for 3 seconds until BLUE LED is on and you hear "Power on".
The transmitter and headphone will AUTO-CONNECT after turning on, connected indicators are:
- Headphones say “Your device is Connected"
- close to A on the transmitter and LED on headphones turn SOLID
Step 3. Set as default "Playback device" on PC/laptop
1) Right-click the speaker icon in the bottom-right of the taskbar and select “Playback devices”.
2) Set the “Avantree Audikast” as the “Default Device”.
Note: For Skype audio settings, please select “Avantree Audikast” for both Speakers and Microphone.