Keywords: Oasis, No Sound, not working, broken, defective
If you want to stream audio from your Non-Bluetooth TV or other devices, Oasis serves as a Bluetooth transmitter (TX). Troubleshooting steps are summarised below and details following:
- Check transmitter and your Bluetooth device are well connected?
- Audio Out Ports working?
- Check Oasis and TV Setting are good?
1. Verify Connection - Step 1 - Check transmitter and your Bluetooth device are well connected?
To confirm this, please turn off the Bluetooth device and see whether the A or B LED on Oasis is gone. And turn on the Bluetooth device again, and the A or B LED will light up and keep steady on.
If you have issue here, refer to
2. Verify Audio Signal - Step 2 - Check Audio Out Ports
Please check whether you have one of these three ports. Oasis works well with any of these three types.
- Digital / Optical Output (Fig 1.) - Correct!
- Red / white RCA ports marked as Output (Fig 2.) - Correct!
- Headphone jack /AUX out (Fig 3.) - Correct!
- Red / White RCA ports with NO mark of Output (Fig 4 / 5.) - Wrong!
Fig 1. Fig 2.Fig 3. Fig 4.
NOTE: If you watch internet programs like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, etc., audio signal WILL NOT go through CABLE BOX. Please plug Oasis on TV.
3. Verify Connection - Step 3 - Check Oasis and TV Setting
3.1. RCA / AUX connection
- Make sure AUX is selected and lit up on the LED screen. If not, click the second button and switch between AUX and OPT.
2. Make sure your cable is connected to "TX Input / From TV " jack at the back of Oasis.
3. Make sure you change your TV audio OUT setting to "External Speakers" (if using RCA Audio OUT ) see below
or "Headset" (if using AUX/3.5mm OUT)， see below
4. Plug a wired ear buds into the TV headphone jack or RCA audio out (via an adapter), check if you can hear sound. If no sound, then the TV is not outputting the right signal now.
3.2. Optical Connection
- Make sure optical cable connection / OPT is selected on Oasis.
2. Change your TV audio OUT setting to “External Speaker” or "Audio out/optical".
3. Ensure your TV audio format is set to “PCM” or "DOLBY/DTS" is OFF. For how to, refer to https://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001204566-HT4189-Troubleshooting-TV-Audio-Format-setting-. If you have other TV models, you can google "TV Brand, TV model, audio output". Or you can contact TV manufacture for reliable support. Check the contact info at the end.
If you still experience no sound while watching Amazon/Netflix programs:
1）Ensure your TV Audio Format is set to "PCM" or "DOLBY/DTS" is OFF. For how to, refer to https://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001204566-HT4189-Troubleshooting-TV-Audio-Format-setting-. If you have other TV models, you can google "TV Brand, TV model, audio output". Or you can contact TV manufacture for reliable support. Check the contact info at the end.
2) Go into the program such as Netflix and adjust the audio settings to export with PCM.
3) If possible, change to AUX or RCA connection.
4) Oasis does NOT decode DOLBY/DTS, if the above two steps do not work, you may need to have one Digital Analog Converter that can decode DOLBY/DTS：
Tel. 1 (800) 243-0000
Email or Chat from here: https://www.lg.com/us/support/chat-and-email-information
If still cannot solve the issue, pls email email@example.com (24h reply)