1. Product Description
Avantree Sunday is a sleek Multi-Point Solar charging Bluetooth Speakerphone, which can connect to two mobile phones at the same time. The advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology and echo cancellation / noise suppression function also enables crystal clear conversation. The leading edge solar charging function allows you to have a lengthy conversation without worrying about the battery. This is an ideal partner for driving – real Hands Free, Charge Free!
2. Product Overview
What’s in the box -
* Avantree Sunday Speakerphone
* USB charging cable
* USB Car charger
* Crystal windscreen holder
* Crystal visor holder
* Sun visor clip
* Warranty card
Avantree Sunday uses a popular micro USB charging socket. You can recharge it using the enclosed USB charging cable, USB car charger, by Solar power, by Car via car charger, or by PC via USB charging cable.
Using Car Charger / USB charging cable
1) Before use, please charge the device for around 3.5 hours to make sure the speakerphone is fully charged and the battery reaches its full capacity(by car charger, or by PC via USB charging cable)
a. Charging in car- user can charge the unit in car by using a car charger.
b. Charging at home- user can charge the unit by using a USB cable via a PC.
c. Direct the solar panel on the back side of the speakerphone towards sun.
2) Afterwards, each charge cycle may take up to 3 hours.
3) LED will indicate red when charging and off when charging is complete.
4) If you have not use the item for a few months, LED might not turn red when first charging. It might take 15-35 minutes before the LED turns red.
Using Solar Power
1) Direct the solar panel on the back side of the speakerphone towards sun.
2) If the speakerphone receives sufficient sunlight for 2 hours, you can talk for duration of up 1 hour. Using solar power charge, the operation time (talk time and the standby time) will be extended continuously without any additional charge required by the car charger.
3) Under strong sunshine, the unit could be under slow charging without obvious LED indicator because the solar charging power is relatively low and the LED cover housing is dark.
4. Pairing / Connect (Tutorial online)
1) It is important to pair the Speakerphone with your Bluetooth device for the first time use.
2) Pairing procedure:
A. Ensure the speakerphone is off
B. Turn on the speakerphone, if not detect any connection, it will automatically go to pairing mode and you can also go into pairing mode by pressing and holding the MFB button until LED blinks blue and red alternatively.
C. Activate Bluetooth on your phone, and search for Bluetooth devices.
D. Select “Avantree Sunday” from the list of found devices.
E. Enter the Bluetooth passkey” 0000” to pair and connect the speakerphone to your phone.
F. Speakerphone is ready for use now.
3) Once paired and connected, the speakerphone will be automatically connected to the device whenever you turn the speakerphone on again, provided the device is in the range.
We find most problems are caused by improper pairing between the speakerphone and the Bluetooth device. Please follow the online instruction step-by-step.
5. Basic Operations
5.1 Turn on / off
A.Turn on the speakphone – Press and hold the MFB for 4 seconds until you hear a short beep, the blue LED flashes 5 times.
B.Turn off the speakerphone – Press and hold the MFB for 4 seconds until you hear a beep, the red LED flashes 5 times before power off.
Please note: To save power, the speakerphone will automatically turn off if it is not connected to any device for more than 30 minutes.
5.2 Answer a call – press the MFB briefly to pick up the call
5.3 Reject a call – press and hold the MFB for 2 seconds.
5.4 Re-dialing – Press the MFB button twice for last number redialing.
5.5 Ending a call – Press the MFB briefly once.
5.6 Transfer a call –
A.Speakerphone to mobile phone: During a call, press both “V+” and “V-” buttons, the call will be routed to your mobile phone.
B.Mobile phone to speakerphone: Press both “V+” and “V-” buttons to route the call.
5.7 Speaker Mute & Un-mute
A.Mute: press “MUTE” button, the speaker volume will be decreased to minimal level, the LED indicates Red during mute mode.
B.Un-Mute: press “MUTE” button during the "Mute" mode, the speaker volume will bake to be normal level, the red LED goes off.
5.8 Voice Dialing
Please check if your mobile phone supports voice dialing function. If your phone does support this function, please follow your mobile phone manual instructions for set up.
A.Press the MFB briefly, you will hear a short beep.
B.Say the name of person you wish to call.
5.9 Restore to default settings
When the speakerphone is reset to factory default settings, all the paired mobile phone information will be erased.
A.Ensure the speakerphone is in standby mode.
B.Press and hold both “V+” and “V-“ buttons for about 10 seconds until the LED indicator flash blue and red 5 times, then turn off the speakerphone. The speakerphone is back to original setting now.
6. Advanced Operations – Multipoint (Tutorial online)
6.1 Multipoint feature
Multipoint means that you can connect with two mobile phones at the same time.The default setting of speakerphone’s multipoint function is on.
Pairing with two phones
A.From OFF, press and hold the MFB button for 6~8 seconds, pair with the first phone
B.Turn OFF the speakerphone. Then press and hold the MFB button for 6~8 seconds, pair with the second phone
C.Power OFF the speakerphone again, then turn ON, the speakerphone will automatically connect with last 2 paired phones.
6.2 Answer the second call during a call (3 way call or two link function)
When receiving a second call, press ”MFB” button twice to hold the first call on line and answer the second call.
6.3 Reject the second call during a call (3 way call or two link function)
When receiving a second call, press and hold the “MFB” button for 3 seconds to reject the second call.
6.4 Switch between 2 phone calls (3 way call or two link function)
A. When having 2 calls on the line, press the “MFB” button twice to switch between these 2 phone calls
B. When having 2 calls on the line, short press the “MFB” button once to end the current call and stay with the other call.
7. Product Specification
* Bluetooth: Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
* Operating frequency band: 2.4GHz ~ 2.48GHz unlicensed ISM band
* Output power: Class 2, up to 10 meters
* Support profiles: Headset and Hands free 1.5 Profiles
* Support multiple paired devices: Memorize paired data of 8 Bluetooth phones
* Stand-by time: Up to 800 hours
* Talk time: Up to 13 hours
* Battery charging time: Using charger about 3 hours / Using solar power about 18 hours
* Charger voltage: DC5.0V, 500mA
* Battery: 3.7V 550mAH (rechargeable lithium-ion battery).
The talk and standby times may vary when used with different mobile phones or other compatible Bluetooth devices, usage settings, usage styles and environments.
8. Safety Information
* To avoid any damage or malfunction of the device do not drop device from high places.
* Keep device away from humidity, water and any other liquid. If the device is exposed to water, moisture or other liquid, do not operate it to avoid any electrical shock, explosion and damage to the device or yourself.
* Do not place or keep this device near any heat source, such as direct sunlight, radiators, stoves or other apparatus which produces heat. It may cause explosion, degrade the performance and/or reduce battery life.
* Do not modify, repair or disassemble device at discretion (especially battery: It may cause an explosion). Doing this will avoid the warranty.
* Do not place heavy objects on the device.
* Use only supplied and approved charger.
* Replacement or service must be done by qualified service center or manufacturer.
* Unplug this device when unused for long periods of time or during lightning storms.
CAUTION: ELECTRIC SHOCK HAZARD
The battery used in this device may present a risk of fire or chemical burn if mistreated.
9. Declaration of Conformity
This product is CE certified according to the provision of the R&TTE Directive (99/5/EC). Declare that this product is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC.
9.2. Trademark Statement
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Avantree is a trademark owned by Avantronics limited.
Please refer to the warranty card included in the pack.
Technical Support & Product Tutorial
More information about this product and other Avantree Bluetooth Products, including the video user guides, product tutorials and online technical support, please refer to www.avantree.com ‘Product Tutorial’ page and ‘Download’ page.
Due to the nature of the products, there might be some software changes without notice. Please always refer to the Avantree website for the latest information.