No, you do not. The license fee is already included in your purchase. However problems in the software installation may prompt an error message asking for a license fee.
Why does this happen?
1. Almost 99% of laptops on the market have built-in Bluetooth for data exchange. The drivers for this can lead to a resource conflict with BlueSoleil - the software which is included with the DG40S.
To avoid this please open "Device Manager", right-click the Bluetooth icon and select "Disable" to disable the default driver. In addition each time you start your computer we suggest you have the Bluetooth dongle plugged in to avoid computer confusion.
2. Next please remove / uninstall the previously installed version of BlueSoleil and reinstall the latest version to avoid conflict.
To do this:
1. Uninstall BlueSoleil
2. Check Device Manager > Bluetooth > and make sure no extra Bluetooth driver here. If there is, disable it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BStIzO4smHI
3. Use the CD software or download the LATEST driver from Lastest Driver (please click here to download) (Specific for Avantree DG40S!)
4. Click "setup.exe" and follow the instructions
5. Plug DG40S in and reboot your computer
If it's still not working properly, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.