User manual (English)
Avantree Cara II User Manual
Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Handsfree Car Kit
1. Product overview
2. What’s in the Box
Note: All accessories are also available on avantree.com.
3. Setting up in car
Step 1 Place the Cara II:
• Find a smooth and flat surface on the dashboard in front of you that is within easy reach but will not interfere with driving. For best voice pick-up, it should be as close to your mouth and as directly in front of you as possible. See below the image for some recommended areas:
• Make sure the surface is dry and free of dirt.
• Stick magnetic base to the dashboard.
• Cara II can be easily removed and stored when not in use.
Step 2 Insert the audio cable into Cara II 3.5mm audio output socket and your car’s
Step 3 Turn on your car stereo and set the input source to AUX.
Step 4 Turn on Cara II and pair with your phone. After that you can use the car kit.
4.Pairing and Connecting
The first time you turn on Cara II it begins the pairing procedure
Step 1 While the car kit LEDs are flashing red and blue alternatively, activate Bluetoothon your phone, and set it to search for new devices.
Step 2 Select “Avantree Cara II”. If necessary, enter passkey 0000/accept connection.
Step 3 Once successfully paired and connected, you will hear “Your phone is connected”.
If you want to pair a other phone, you can also go into pairing mode by pressing and holding the “MFB” button until the LED blinks alternatively blue and red.
Whenever you turn Cara II on again it will be automatically reconnect to your phone. Otherwise, please press MFB button once to reconnect them.
5. Multipoint – Connect with two phones simultaneously
The default setting of Cara II’s multipoint function is off. Please enable this function before use.
Step 1 Get Cara II into pairing mode.
Step 2 Press and hold the “MFB” button about 6 seconds, until you hear a four-tone
beep. Release the button to enable multipoin function.
Step 3 Pair and connect Cara II with the first phone as above.
Step 4 Get Cara II into pairing mode again, pair and connect with the second phone as above.
Step 5 Turn Cara II off and on again, it will automatically search and connect with
the last two paired phones.
6. How to use
|Power on||Slide power switch to “ON”|
|Power off||Slide power switch to “OFF”|
|Answer a call||Press MFB once|
|End a call||Press MFB once|
|Reject a call||Press and hold MFB for 2
|Re-dialing||Double click MFB|
|Voice dial / Voice
|Press and hold MFB for
3 seconds, until you
hear a BEEP.
|Play/pause music||Press MFB once|
|Pairing mode||Press and hold MFB until the
LED blinks alternatively RED
7. How to charge
When the LED blinks red and Cara II prompt “ Battery low”, you should recharge your Cara II. Please charge the Cara II by the supplied car charger or PC USB port. It normally takes about 3 hours to fully charge the battery. The LED will stay red when charging and will turn off when charging is complete.
Note: AC adapter requirement 5V / 500mA-2A.
8. How to reset Cara II
You may need to reset Cara II if it is not working as expected. When Cara II is reset to factory default settings, all the paired mobile phone information will be erased.
Step 1 Get the car kit into pairing mode.
Step 2 In pairing mode, double click MFB button to restore Cara II to default settings.
9. Product specification
• Bluetooth compliance specifications: V4.0+EDR
• Operating frequency band: 2.4GHz ~ 2.48GHz unlicensed ISM band
• Operation range: Class 2, up to 10 meters
• Support profiles: HSP, HFP, A2DP and AVRCP
• Support decoder: apt-X, SBC, MP3 and ACC
• Supports multipoint A2DP connection to two phones.
• Standby time: up to 640 hours / 26 days.
• Talk time: up to 10 hours
• Play music time: up to 8 hours
• Battery charging time: about 3 hours
• Charger voltage and current: DC5.0V, 500mA
• Battery: Li-poly
Note: The talk time, music time and standby times may vary when used with different mobile phones or other compatible Bluetooth devices, usage settings, usage styles, music formats and environments.
For more FAQ information, please refer to support.avantree.com