Keywords: Audikast, TC418, not working, no sound, defective, dead, faulty, Dolby, DTS, PCM
The most FREQUENT causes of there being no sound are the following >
1. The Audikast and Headphones are not connected properly
Re-pair and connect them strictly follow User Guide, once connected, close to A/B will turn SOLID BLUE.
Connected with A Connected with B
2. No audio signal into the Audikast
1) If connected using OPTICAL port：
- Ensure your TV audio format is set to “PCM”, since the Audikast does NOT decode Dolby/DTS. Otherwise, you will need to get one Digital to Analog Converter that supports Dolby/DTS( Search "Dolby DTS Digital Analog Converter" on Amazon).
e.g. How to set my Samsung TV digital audio out to PCM --
Home>>Settings>> Sound>> Expert Settings>>Audio format>>PCM.
- Change your TV audio OUT setting to "External Speakers".
2) If connected using the RCA ports:
- Ensure use the Red/White ports labeled “AUDIO OUT”. Other RCA ports are usually AUDIO IN and incorrect.
- Change your TV audio OUT setting to "External Speakers". Now, plug the headphone to your TV RCA ports with RCA cable and AUX cable, you should be able to hear sound.
3) If connected using AUX/3.5mm audio out:
- Change your TV audio OUT setting to "Headset", now you should be able to hear sound with the headphone plugged directly into your TV AUX port.
If any more help needed, you may contact [email protected] for help. Also, to make sure all our users can use Avantree products properly, we offer Avantree Online Clinic to help you with your set up / installation FREE of Charge, click below link for details: