User manual (English)
Avantree DG40S User Manual
Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter
1. Product overview
Connects computer to ANY Bluetooth device, support data exchange and audio transfer. Compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and Vista.
Plug and Play for most Window 8, 8.1, 10
Install latest driver for Window 7, Vista, XP
- 1) CD – for BlueSoleil driver install. You also can download the latest driver from HERE
- 2) User manual
- 3) Quick user guide
2. Plug and Play for Most Window 8, 8.1, 10
DG40S support plug and play on most of windows 10/8.1/8. If your PC/Laptop has built-in Bluetooth, please disable built-in Bluetooth first.
Video Guide - How to Plug and Play for Win 8, 8.1, 10, check on the link http://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/206632735
How to disable built-in Bluetooth?
(1) Right-click "My computer" icon on desktop, select "Device Manager" from the list
(2) Open “Device Manager” -> Find Bluetooth icon and open drop-down list -> Right-click on Bluetooth device and disable it. As below image -
Plug and Play for Window 8, 8.1, 10
(1) Plug DG40s into your PC/Laptop, after 10s~ 1min the Bluetooth icon will appear on the right corner of the screen. As below image.
(2) Please reboot PC to finish installation.
(3) Now DG40S is ready for use.
3. BlueSoleil Driver Installation Procedure for Window 7, XP, Vista
For Windows 7, XP, Vista, please install the latest IVT BlueSoleil driver for DG40S. If you have installed other Bluetooth driver previously, please uninstall it first.
Video Guide - How to Install BlueSoleil driver, check on the link http://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/208764216
Video Guide - How to uninstall BlueSoleil driver, check on the link, same as other Bluetooth drivers http://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/204288215
- Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, 10 and Vista
- At least 500MB of free disk space.
Step 1. Insert BlueSoleil installation CD into the CD-ROM or download the latest driver from here.
Step 2. Double click setup.exe to start installation.
Step 3. Choose the setup language and follow the instruction.
Step 4. Click “Yes” to reboot your computer.
Step 5. Plug DG40S into your PC/Laptop, and you can find Bluetooth icon on right corner of the screen. Now DG40S is ready for use.
4. Getting Started
Now you are able to connect your computer with Bluetooth-enabled devices.
Step 1. Right-click on Bluetooth icon and click “Display Classic View”.
Step 2. Get your Bluetooth devices into pairing mode and make it discoverable to nearby devices.
Step 3. Double-click the orange ball on the mid of BlueSoleil window to search new Bluetooth devices.
Step 4. Right-click the device and click “Pair” to pair them.
Step 5. Double click the device icon to searching services.
Step 6. Right-click the device icon, and select one service to connect.
Note: There are two profile for Bluetooth headphones.
- Bluetooth Advanced Audio profile for high-quality audio steaming.
- Bluetooth headset with Microphone for VoIP call or Skype call. Under this mode, you will get low audio quality if you streaming music. If you wish to enjoy music after you end a skype call or other call, pls mute the call, guide on the link http://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/211518646
5. How to uninstall BlueSoleil
Video Guide on the link - http://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/articles/204288215
BlueSoleil can only be removed from the Control Panel:
Click Start -> Open Control Panel -> Choose Uninstall a program -> Find and click BlueSoleil and uninstall it.
6. Product Specifications
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 402-2.48GHZ ISM Band
- Class1 power standard, distance up to 50 meters.
- Supports Bluetooth EDR data rate to 3 Mbps
- LED Indication: Power on, Linking and Standby
- System Support: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Software Support: IVT BlueSoleil 9.x
- Supports most commonly used profiles: GAP, SDAP, A2DP, AVRCP, Headset, Hands-Free, Serial Port, Dial-Up Networking, FAX, GOEP, File Transfer, Object Push, Basic Image, Basic Printing, Phone Book Access, HCRP, HID, BNEP, Personal Area Network, SYNCH, Message Access, GAVDP, GATT, Find Me, Proximity, Health Thermometer, Heart Rate, HOGP, DID, Bluetooth Simple Pairing, VoIP, HFP Dialer, Multi Bluetooth Serial Ports, GPS, PIM
- Package Size: 115 mm(W) x 130 mm(H) x 15 mm(D)
Any questions please contact us as below,
1. Email at email@example.com
2. Submit your question on the page http://support.avantree.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
3. Call us (USA English support): +1 800 232 2078 (PST 9am-5pm)
Europe English support: +44 20 8068 2023 (GMT 8am-3pm)