User manual (English)
Avantree Saturn Pro User Manual
Bluetooth Audio Transmitter/Receiver 2-in-1
1. Product Description
The Avantree Saturn Pro is a 2-in-1 Bluetooth receiver and transmitter incorporating the latest "aptX Low Latency" codec for Bluetooth High quality audio streaming.
The Saturn Pro is simple to use and enables any audio device to transmit and receive. It can be used to enable a phone to transmit music to a home stereo system, or just as easily, to allow a CD player or other device to transmit music to a Bluetooth enabled speaker system or headphones. It includes rechargeable battery for portable use.
With its low latency codec, Saturn Pro also supports online game playing; TV/Movie audio transmission; real-time music recording, etc.
2. Product Overview
A．Avantree Saturn Pro
B．3.5 mm to 3.5 mm audio cable
C．RCA audio cable
D．3.5mm to RCA audio cable
E．USB charging cable
H．Quick user guide
3. How to use Saturn Pro as a Transmitter?
Before pairing, please make sure your Bluetooth receiver device supports true stereo audio. (Such as Bluetooth stereo headset Avantree Sacool, Bluetooth speaker Avantree Pluto Air.)
A. Ensure Saturn Pro is off, then push the switch button to TX mode.
B. Get Saturn Pro into pairing mode by pressing and holding MFB for around 6–8 seconds until LED flashes blue rapidly.
C. Get your Bluetooth stereo receiver device into pairing mode at the same time.
D. Connect Saturn Pro to the audio output port of the audio source such as your TV, iPod etc. via the audio cable.
E. Keep them within 1 metre, wait until both LEDs slow down, which means they are connected.
1. For “no lip sync delay” when watching TV, movie or playing games, make sure BOTH THE TRANSMITTER AND RECEIVER (Headphones / speaker) are aptX Low Latency supported.
2. The pairing mode will last 2 minutes. Saturn Pro will enter standby mode if no devices can be connected with 2 minutes.
3. Saturn Pro can pair with stereo Bluetooth receiver devices with PIN code '0000', '1111' , '8888' or '1234'.
4. Please do not change TX or RX mode after powering on Saturn Pro. When you need to pair another device, please turn off the device first, then choose the mode you need.
4. How to use Saturn Pro as a Receiver?
A. Ensure Saturn Pro is off, then push the switch button to RX mode.
B. Get Saturn Pro into pairing mode by pressing and holding the MFB button for around 6–8 seconds till Blue and Red LED light blinks quickly and alternatively.
C. urn on Bluetooth of your smart-phone, search for 'Avantree Saturn Pro', click on your phone to connect. (E.g. iPhone: tap 'Settings' → 'General' → 'Bluetooth' → 'On' )
D. Connect Saturn Pro to the audio input port of home hi-fi stereo system via the audio cable.
1. The pairing mode will last 2 minutes. The receiver will enter standby mode if no devices can be connected within 2 minutes.
2. If pairing failed, please power off Saturn Pro and pair again according to above mentioned procedures.
3. Please do not change TX or RX mode after powering on Saturn Pro. When you need to pair another device, please turn off the device first, then choose the mode you need.
4. When Saturn Pro is used as a receiver, you may short press MFB once to control pause/play of music.
5. Power On/Off
Please ensure Saturn Pro is off, then push the switch button to the mode (TX or RX) which you need.
Turn On: Press and hold the MFB button for about 3 seconds until the blue LED is on for 1 second.
Turn Off: Press and hold the MFB button for about 3 seconds until the red LED is on for 1 second and then goes off.
Once powered on, Saturn Pro will reconnect with the last connected device automatically within 5 seconds. If not, you may press MFB once to stimulate the process.
Saturn Pro will automatically power off if no devices can be connected within 5 minutes.
7.Get Maximum Stable Range.
Please kindly make sure there is no obstacle (wall corner etc.) between receiver and transmitter, also place the 2 devices at the same side.
When the LED blinks red, you should recharge the device. It normally takes about 2 hours to fully charge the battery. The LED will stay red when charging and will turn off when charging is complete.
You can connect Saturn Pro via the supplied micro USB cable to your own USB chargers (wall charger/travel charger/car charger, etc.) with 5V/500mA-1A or PC USB port. It’s ok to use most mobile phone chargers on the market.
1) It can be used while charging.
2) The USB outputs of some TVs or laptops are unstable. When used while charging, we suggest you connect to a wall charger instead of a USB port.
3) If you have not used the device for a few months, the LED might not turn red when first charging. It might take 15–35 minutes before the LED turns red.
4) We suggest you fully charge the device at least every two months.
9 Using 2 Saturn Pros as a Pair
A. Push one Saturn Pro into TX mode, press and hold MFB button until LED flashes blue rapidly;
B. Push another Saturn Pro into RX mode, press and hold MFB button until LED flashes red and blue alternatively.
C. Keep them within 1 metre and wait for around 7 seconds, until the LED begins to flash slowly, which means they are now paired and connected.
D. Connect the TX one to sound source such as TV, MP3, games, etc. and the other to the receiving item, such as a speaker or headphones.
10. Restore Factory Default Settings
You may need to reset Saturn Pro if it is not working as expected. When Saturn Pro is reset to factory default settings, all the paired mobile phone information will be erased.
Ensure Saturn Pro is off, press and hold MFB button for around 10–12 seconds until RED and BLUE LEDs are both on for 1 second. Saturn Pro now has been reset to its original settings. After being powered on again, it will enter pairing mode directly.
11. LED Indicator
|LED indicator||Status of Saturn Pro under TX/RX mode|
|LED blinks BLUE rapidly||Pairing mode under TX mode. Lasts for 2 minutes.|
|LED blinks BLUE then RED alternatively||Pairing mode under RX mode. Lasts for 2 minutes.|
|LED flashes BLUE once every second||Standby mode. Not connected to any other device.|
|LED flashes BLUE once every 5 seconds||Device connected with SBC|
|LED flashes BLUE twice every 5 seconds||Device connected with aptX|
|LED flashes BLUE three times every
|Device connected with aptX low latency|
|LED flashes BLUE four times every 5 seconds||Device connected with AAC decode|
|LED blinks RED||Low battery power. Please recharge.|
12. Product Specification
• Bluetooth 3.0
• Bluetooth profile: A2DP and AVRCP
• Audio codec: aptX-LL, aptX, SBC, AAC
• Operating Range: Class 2, 10 meters
• TX mode battery hours: up to 15 hours
• RX mode battery hours: up to 10 hours
• Standby time: up to 150 hours
• Charging time: around 2-3 hours
• Charging input voltage: DC 5V
• Battery: 270mAH rechargeable LI-Lon battery
• Weight: Approx 48.5g
The working and standby times may vary when used with different mobile phones or other compatible Bluetooth devices, usage settings, usage styles and environments.