Please refer to the information from the user manual of your Sony MDR-1000X headphone:
The sound quality is set to the “Priority on sound quality” mode as the default setting.
· When using an AAC, aptX, or LDAC compatible device, use with the “Priority on sound quality” mode.
· If the connection is unstable, such as when producing only intermittent sound, select the “Priority on stable connection” mode.
Sound quality and indicator (blue) of each mode
When you switch the sound quality mode, the indicator flashes in blue to show the current sound quality mode.
“Priority on sound quality” mode: 3 times - - - -
SBC, AAC, aptX, or LDAC is selected automatically.
- “Priority on stable connection” mode: 1 time
To check the sound quality mode
While the headset is powered on, press and hold the button, then press the NC button within 2 seconds (before the power is turned off). The indicator will flash in blue 3 times (“Priority on sound quality” mode) or 1 time (“Priority on stable connection” mode).
- When you turn on the headset by pressing the button only, the indicator (blue) flashes two times to indicate the power-on, but the headset does not indicate the sound quality mode with flashes of the indicator (blue).
- The playback time may become shorter, depending on the sound quality and the conditions under which you are using the headset.
- Depending on the ambient conditions in the area where you are using the headset, intermittent sound may still occur, even if the “Priority on stable connection” mode is selected.